The MBA Tour’s Fall 2020 North America Tour Leaderboard Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ENTRY INTO THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID IN ARGENTINA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CHILE, COLOMBIA, GERMANY, GHANA, HONG KONG, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, NIGERIA, THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, POLAND, QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SWEDEN, TURKEY, AND THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- BINDING AGREEMENT. These Official Rules (“Rules”) will provide you with the information you need to successfully enter The MBA Tour’s Fall 2020 North America Tour Leaderboard Contest (“Contest”). These Rules form a binding contract between The MBA Tour, Inc., and you as an entrant into the Contest. By entering the Contest or otherwise participating in the activities on the Contest website, you agree to be bound by these Rules. If you breach a provision of these Rules, you will forfeit your entry into the Contest. All decisions of Sponsor (defined below) on all matters pertaining to the Contest are final and binding. If you have questions, please contact Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter the Contest and/or receive a prize, as of the beginning of the Term (defined below), you must: (i) be a registered attendee of one of the Events (defined below); (ii) be above the age of majority in your place of residence; (iii) have a valid email address and Internet access; and (iv) submit an entry as described below. Residents of Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Italy, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, the People’s Republic of China, Poland, Quebec, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates are not eligible to enter or receive a prize. Employees, officers, and directors of The MBA Tour, its parent company, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries and agencies, and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses of each, regardless of where they live) and those living in the households of such employees, officers, and directors (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Contest or receive a prize. VOID IN ARGENTINA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CHILE, COLOMBIA, GERMANY, GHANA, HONG KONG, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, NIGERIA, THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, POLAND, QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SWEDEN, TURKEY, AND THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, national, state/provincial, and local laws and regulations, including applicable economic sanctions and other international trade regulations.
- TERM. The Contest will begin at 5pm Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, November 4th 2020, and end at 8:30pm Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, November 17th, 2020 (the “Term”). Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, shall serve as the official timekeeper for the Contest. Participants are responsible for determining appropriate start and end times in their local time zone.
- SPONSOR. The MBA Tour, Inc., P.O. Box 2969, Reston, VA 20195, USA, is the sponsor of the Contest (“Sponsor” or “The MBA Tour”).
- TO ENTER TO WIN. To enter the Contest during the Term, you must submit your entry as follows:
- Virtually check in and attend The MBA Tour event in one of the following regions in North America on the dates set forth below (each, an “Event”):
- Western Canada: November 4, 2020
- Eastern Canada: November 7, 2020
- Western US: November 10, 2020
- Central US: November 12, 2020
- Eastern US: November 17, 2020
- Access the badge activities and points document found here.
- Complete the activities as instructed in the document to earn points.
LIMIT: Entry to this Contest is limited to one (1) entry per person. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified; (ii) failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; or (iv) any error, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry not in compliance with these Rules.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. By participating in the Contest and submitting your Contest entry, you agree to communicate for the purposes of this Contest with Sponsor electronically. By agreeing to do business electronically, you: (i) agree that your consent to these Rules is a binding form of your electronic signature, which you agree binds you to these Rules; (ii) represent that you have Internet access and a valid email address enabling you access to the Contest website and to receive communications and documents electronically; and (iii) represent that you have a printer or other device to print or otherwise save communications and documents, including, without limitation, these Rules, and that you have, in fact, printed or otherwise saved a copy of these Rules for your records. This consent is effective unless and until you withdraw it. You may withdraw your consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents, update your contact information, or request a free paper copy of these Rules at any time by contacting us as set forth in these Rules. We will send you a confirmation notice once we have processed your change request.
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION. For each Event, and if there are no ties, the participant with the most points on the leaderboard at the end of the applicable Event will be deemed the 1st place potential winner, the participant with the second most points on the leaderboard at the end of the applicable Event will be deemed the 2nd place potential winner, and the participant with the third most points on the leaderboard at the end of the applicable Event will be deemed the 3rd place potential winner. There is no random selection of entries.
In the event of a tie for 1st place at the end of the applicable Event (i.e., at least two (2) participants have the most points and the same number of points at the end of the applicable Event), all those tied for 1st place will be deemed potential winners. If, due to a tie, there are three (3) or more 1st place potential winners, then they will all be deemed the 1st place potential winners, and there will be no 2nd or 3rd place potential winners. If, due to a tie, there are two (2) 1st place potential winners, then they will both be deemed the 1st place potential winners, and the participant with the second most points on the leaderboard will be deemed the 2nd place potential winner, and there will be no 3rd place potential winner. If, due to a tie, there are two (2) 1st place potential winners, then they will both be deemed the 1st place potential winners, and if, due to a tie, there are two (2) or more 2nd place potential winners (i.e., at least two (2) participants have the second most points and the same number of points at the end of the applicable Event), then they will all be deemed the 2nd place potential winners, and there will be no 3rd place potential winner. If there is one (1) 1st place potential winner, one (1) 2nd place potential winner, and, due to a tie, there are two (2) or more 3rd place potential winners (i.e., at least two (2) participants have the third most points and the same number of points at the end of the applicable Event), then they will all be deemed the 3rd place potential winners.
On or about November 18th, 2020, Sponsor will determine the potential winners for each Event. The potential winners will be notified by Sponsor via email on or about November 18th, 2020. Each potential winner will have three (3) business days from notification to claim his or her prize. The prize notification from Sponsor will include instructions on how to claim a prize; failure to follow such instructions may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Some potential winners may be required to complete a mathematical skills test prior to being determined a winner. Sponsor is not liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by the winner is permitted. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes, fees, duties, and surcharges on the prize. If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner declines the prize, fails to claim the prize or ignores the prize notification, is unavailable for prize fulfillment, fails to abide by the Rules, or is ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. You, as the participant, agree to: (i) be bound by these Rules; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information and your entry to the United States, where Sponsor’s data processors are located.
- PRIZES. The potential winners for each Event will receive:
- Potential 1st place winners will each receive:
- One (1) GMAT Official Practice Exams 3-4 (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) USD $50.
- Potential 2nd place winners will each receive:
- One (1) GMAT Official Practice Questions 1 (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) USD $30)
- Potential 3rd place winners will each receive:
- One (1) $10 mba.com store credit (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) USD $10)
If there are no ties at any of the Events, the total ARV of all prizes potentially awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the five Events is USD $171.98. If there are any ties at any of the Events, then the total ARV of all prizes potentially awarded will depend on the number of ties. Odds of winning for each Event depend on the number of eligible entrants for each Event as well as the number of badge activities completed by the Event entrants and the points associated with each badge activity completed. Actual retail value may vary, and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value. Sponsor reserves the right to not seek an alternate potential prize winner in the event that the individual originally selected ignores the prize notification, is disqualified or is unable to accept the prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions are allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or exchanged by any winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Rules. All tax liabilities arising from this Contest are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. Actual prize may differ from promotional images.
- LICENSE. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, you grant to Sponsor the right, without limitation, to use your name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or entry submission for promotional, advertising or other purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed, including, but not limited to, Sponsor’s website(s) and/or social media account(s), worldwide, without additional compensation or notification.
- RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, MODIFY, CANCEL OR SUSPEND. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and to select the winner(s) from those eligible entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair or abusive practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or is intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, by participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries and agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents and officers, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (the “Contest Entities”), from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not timely returned, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, CONTEST ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANT, PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, COMPUTER, NETWORK OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED MATERIALS; (5) LATE, LOST, UNDELIVERABLE, DAMAGED, DELETED OR STOLEN ENTRIES; OR (6) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. CONTEST ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MISDIRECTED OR UNDELIVERABLE ENTRIES OR FOR ANY TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, MALFUNCTIONS OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS, SERVERS, PROVIDERS, HARDWARE/SOFTWARE, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS OR FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISPUTES & CLASS ACTION WAIVER. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, THESE RULES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, USA; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST (IF APPLICABLE), BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES (WHETHER OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA.
- WINNERS LIST. For a complete list of prize recipients, please contact Sponsor at email@example.com by no later than May 18th, 2021.
© 2020, The MBA Tour, Inc. All rights reserved. The MBA Tour™ is a trademark of The MBA Tour, Inc., in the United States and other countries.
GMAC™ and GMAT™ are trademarks of the Graduate Management Admission Council in the United States and other countries.
Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest.
You are providing your information to Sponsor, and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.